How to export your RealityCapture project for Nira
Also see How can I achieve the best quality textures from RealityCapture?
First, a note on georeferencing:
To best utilize all of Nira's features, it is recommended that you export your files using georeferenced coordinates. If you plan to use georeferenced coordinates, you'll need to determine an appropriate coordinate system for your project. Here's how:
• Choose a UTM Zone if you're not sure which coordinate system to use:
Simply drag one of your project's photos into the UTM Zone Identification webpage and make note of the UTM Zone displayed. You'll use it in one of the steps below.
• If you already have a preferred coordinate system:
Be sure it's cartesian. To check this, look up the EPSG number here: https://epsg.io. Ensure that it includes "Coordinate System: Cartesian 2D CS". For example, the page for EPSG:28992 confirms that is cartesian, whereas EPSG:4326 is not. If your preferred coordinate system is not cartesian, you should use a UTM Zone instead -- see the first bullet point above to learn how.
To Set the RealityCapture Project Coordinate system
1. WORKFLOW Tab
2. Application : Settings button
3. Project coordinate system ... button
4. Search for and pick an appropriate coordinate system from the list. If you're not sure what to choose, read the tips at the beginning of this page.
5. Click Select.
6. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 for the "Output coordinate system" setting. It's important that both "Project" and "Output" settings are set to your chosen coordinate system:
Export model and Textures:
Reality Capture > MESH MODEL: Export > Dense Mesh Model...
Provide a file name and choose Wavefront obj (*.obj) as file type.
It is very important that your export settings match exactly as you see in the screenshot below. Items highlighted in red are settings that have been changed from the defaults.
Save mesh by parts : Yes
Export vertex colors : No
Number format : Decimal 6 (trimmed)
Coordinate system : Shifted project output
Export Camera alignment data:
Reality Capture > Alignment > Export > Registration > Internal/External camera parameters
Provide a file name and click Save
Be sure to choose Shifted project output
Upload all of the following files to Nira::
- The .rcInfo file (required for georeferencing)
- Photo files (jpg, png, or tiff)
- Camera CSV file
- Textures (png)
- .obj and .mtl files
After uploading, you’ll have all of your photos (and orthomosaics if created) available within the Show Photos… button, and GPS coordinates will be shown on the asset's preview page and within callout dialogs.