DJI Terra 3.7.0 and newer will export .obj files with corrupt geometry if your project has multiple blocks (i.e., outputs multiple OBJ files). Opening these .obj files in any 3D viewer (Meshlab, Maya, Blender, etc) will show the corrupt geometry.
Left: Visually corrupt .obj exported from DJI Terra 3.7.3. Right: .obj exported from DJI Terra 3.6.8 without corruption.
Every release of DJI Terra after 3.6.8 has been shown to produce this output bug. We have notified DJI in September of 2023. DJI is working on a fix. Be sure to follow this article so we can notify you when a proper fix has been released by DJI Terra.
3.6.8 working well (03-31-2023)
3.7.0 has bug (05-25-2023)
3.7.3 has bug (06-15-2023)
3.7.6 has bug (07-06-2023)
3.8.0 has bug (08-17-2023)
While we wait for a fix, please downgrade to DJI Terra 3.6.8. You will then need to re-run the Reconstruction of your data to produce proper geometry.
Download previous DJI Terra release:
You can download DJI Terra 3.6.8 directly from DJI using this link: https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/DJI%20Terra/Software/DJI%20Terra%203.6.8.exe
Alternatively, you can find the download link on DJI's website:
- Go to https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-terra
- In their Manuals section, click View all.
- Download their DJI Terra Earlier Version PDF. You can find the DJI Terra 3.6.8 download link in the PDF document.
Please see our DJI Terra export guide to learn how to export and upload your DJI Terra project.
Be sure to follow this article so we can notify you when a proper fix has been released by DJI Terra.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Why doesn't my asset have colors?
- RealityCapture app key configuration
- Why did my upload to fail to process?
- Why is my Nira scene empty?
- How do I delete an asset?
- Why is my asset upload listed as Stalled?
- How to identify and upload missing texture files
- How to identify and fix unassigned textures
- How does Nira accelerate uploads?
- DJI Terra: XML setting must be enabled to export camera data