Nira now supports uploading and viewing orthophotos - also known as orthomosaics.
More enhancements are in the pipeline, including:
- View and Edit measurements and callouts/annotations created within the 3D viewer
- Create measurements and callouts/annotations within the orthophoto viewer
- Layer list window with support for grouping
- Transparency slider per orthophoto
- Create asset thumbnails from within the orthophoto viewer
- Ortho facades (currently, only top-down orthophotos are supported)
- Significant processing optimizations (orthophotos can be quite time-consuming to process)
- View cameras and access photos within the orthophoto viewer
To upload an orthophoto:
1. Export an orthophoto from your application of choice, and select .tif or .tiff (GeoTIFF) as the output format. Currently, Nira only supports GeoTIFF formatted orthophotos. If possible, configure your application to export the orthophoto using the EPSG 3857 coordinate system, also known as WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator -- Spherical Mercator. This is not required, but it will reduce the processing time upon upload and may provide a higher quality result.
2. To upload, drag your .tif file into Nira (Learn more). You can also include geometry, texture, and camera files if you'd like your orthophoto to be accompanied by 3D data. Follow our export guide for your application to learn how to export 3D data files. To add an orthophoto to an existing asset, follow our guide How can I upload additional files to an existing asset?
To access an orthophoto, just click on the asset once the processing of your upload is complete. Please be aware that if your asset includes 3D data files, you'll need to click on the '2D' button located in the lower right corner of the interface in order to activate the orthophoto viewer.
The orthophoto viewer: An orthophoto of a concrete factory.
The orthophoto viewer: Zoomed in to show the detail of the orthophoto.